Soliant is searching for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work in the Alexandria,Virginia. This is a 13 week contract position in an Adult Neuro ACUTE INPATIENT REHAB facility. Join our team and Apply Today!
- Evaluating and treating adult neuro patients with CVA, TBI, SCI and a small general rehab patient population (fractures, debility, misc neuro).
- Provide training in self-care activities (e.g., bathing, dressing) with adaptive or durable medical equipment and/or compensatory techniques if needed.
- Use neuromuscular re-education, trunk stabilization, and balance activities to improve clients’ ability to move in and out of bed and maintain an upright posture necessary to perform self-care and, eventually, home management activities.
- Use relevant occupation-based activities and preventive splinting to preserve muscle balance and range of motion for functional tasks.
- Address cognitive and perceptual deficits, including compensatory techniques.
- Provide wheelchair assessment and management to promote endurance and mobility, depending on patient readiness.
- Contribute to safe discharge planning, including recommendations for transitioning to the next level of care.
- Train patients in postsurgical orthopedic protocols, including appropriate weight bearing and/or precautions during activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Develop home programs and instruct patients, family members, and caregivers in how to use them to continue rehabilitation after discharge.
- Fabricate or provide assistive devices and protective orthoses and splints, and train patients in their use, to promote healing and maximize independence.
- Where applicable, teach specific techniques for functional mobility (e.g., safe car transfers).
2 years of experience required
Must have Adult Neuro Acute Rehab experience