Do you want to help people in pain? Are you interested in working to help ease the suffering of others, but aren't necessarily interested in medicine? You might be ready for a career as an occupational therapist.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills.
- Preparing clients for a return to work.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans
- Job Name: NY - Occupational Therapist - East Long Island - Saturdays
- Job Location: Long Island, NY
- Job Type: Contract
- Specialty: Rehabilitation Therapy
- Sub Specialty: Occupational Therapist
- Minimum Years Experience Required: 1
- Start Date: May 17, 2018
- Holiday Coverage Required: True
- Contract Length in weeks:
- Shift: Days
- Overtime Starts After: 40
At Soliant Healthcare, we firmly believe that our travelers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
APPLY BELOW TO BE SUBMITTED IMMEDIATELY
Please contact me directly to hear about all our Fulltime and Perm Contract Positions throughout the U.S. Feel free to send over your resume/references and complete the following checklist www.soliant.com/skillschecklist Please also reference my name on the checklist- Alex Roberson - I look forward to hearing from you soon.