One of Soliant's longstanding clients, which works with toddlers to young adults in the greater Norfolk, VA area, is conducting interviews for a full-time Occupational Therapist.
Details of this position below:
- Full-time (approx. 35 hours per week)
- Work with early childhood to young adults, some with highly involved needs in Occupational Therapy
- Supervise a COTA
As an Occupational Therapist, essential functions include:
- Educating teachers, classroom staff, parents and other care givers about occupational therapy.
- Developing and implementing an occupational therapy program for children with disabilities consistent with the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Conducting occupational therapy assessments. Review assessment conclusions with parents and the education team.
- Providing direct service to children.
- Monitoring ongoing treatment records. Evaluate and report on children's progress.
- Advising, instructing and assisting education staff to implement occupational therapy plans.
- Supervising, training and evaluating certified occupational therapy assistants and paraeducators.
- Facilitating the procurement, modification and adjustment of adaptive equipment/assistive technology for occupational therapy services.
- Serving as a member of the education team to help address the needs of children.
In order to provide occupational therapy in Virginia schools, applicants would need to hold a professional license in Occupational Therapy.
Additional details about this position can be discussed during the interview process.
To jump-start your application, please send an updated resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774